Saturday, December 6, 2008

Absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

It’s been very long since I wrote something passionately, impromptu, without having someone to give me a topic to write on. All this to-the-point, concise writing has made me start to feel writing in itself is a task!! :-o :’(

That’s why I decided to blog. I’ll start by posting a poem that I’d written really long back!

 

 

God’s Epistle

 

Dear man,

You may call me

The almighty Allah,

The charismatic Krishna,

Or the benevolent Jesus.

You’ve given me a million names

But you’ve forgotten me!

You “pray” so selfishly,

You act so inconsiderately,

I often wonder if u realize,

That there are others in this world too…

Other creations of mine-

The flora and fauna on mother earth!

It stings me to watch one of my

Children-perhaps the one

I’m the most passionate about,

Mercilessly kill the others,

And destroy the gorgeous nature-

Where ARE my pristine streams?

Oh, where is the fresh air?

My dear child,

I gifted you with intelligence,

Yet you seem so foolish!

Do you not see me in all your brethren?

Do you not feel my presence

In the nature around you?

Now, when I look at the beautiful earth

That I created years ago,

Alas, All I see is bloodshed,

Terrorism, pollution and

Oh dear! - Where have some

Of the species I created disappeared?!!

I feel your actions deserve

The worst penalty.

Yet, I want to give you another chance.

Remember child, I sent you down

To share the earth and all my gifts

And to take care of one another-

NOT to bomb the planet

With nuclear weapons

Or wipe away anything that

Isn’t Homo sapiens!

I sincerely hope (for your own good)

That you’ll realize how

Thoughtless and stupid you’ve been,

And change your ways immediately!

Else, I might have to

Consider dissolution of the universe!!

 

Wondering why I ever created you,

Your loving Father,

God

P.S. Don’t make me regret more

2 comments:

Asha said...

Awesome man!!!!!!!!! Keep blogging!!!:)

Moonstruck said...

thanks :) ashu????