Sunday, April 26, 2009

A walk down memory lane...

I've been wanting to write about this for a long time now... While I was doing my IPT (in-plant training) at the company where my dad works, I got to spend a lot of time in the library where I happened to find old (very very old) editions of the Jwaladhwani- the company magazine. As a kid, the only pages I cared to read in this magazine was the Children's page (obviously - since the rest of the content used to be mostly about the latest projects going on in the refinery- which, by the way, were complete OHT for me. In case you're wondering what OHT is, it's Over-Head Transmission).
This page had news from our school and all the achievements of our school children (along with their photos mostly). Seeing photos of my schoolmates and events in school spurred all those dormant memories in me. The photos of our Cultural Fest and sports day reminded me how much we used to work for these inter-house events. The way we cheered for our houses, the team spirit we had, the adrenaline pumping through us when the results for each event were announced, I can just go on listing them... I particularly miss my last year at school. The Cult fest that year was memorable for more than one reason- our house won it (and almost all the group events! Yay Kaveri House!!!) plus we had a LOT of fun working for the it! The Teacher's Day celebration- when all the twelfth standard students dress up as teachers and step into their shoes, was a very memorable day. For once we were able to feel how tough our teachers find it to handle a bunch of about 40 unruly specimens in a class! Handling the primary classes was the most fun- with the little kids running all around despite screaming on top of one's voice or the middle school children chanting "Ma'aaaaaaaam PT" (NO NO not Physical Training! PT period is when we get to play)!!
When it was time for our Annual foundation day, the whole school worked hard to put up a grand show! Working on our exhibits and projects for the annual school exhibition, thinking of a name for the class magazine, editing the Refinian- our school magazine, working for our class assembly-- all used to seem tiring then, but I somehow miss them a LOT now.
Wow! I can't believe all those twelve blissful years seem like a distant memory now!!
Seeing those photos was a real nostalgic treat!!

No comments: